Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact Munroe Regional's Public Information Officer by phone at (352) 402-5206 or in writing at Munroe Regional Medical Center, Public Information Officer, P.O. Box 6000, Ocala, FL 34478.
Content on Munroe social media sites is for informational purposes only. Munroe does not warrant that the information contained in this web site is complete, accurate, or current. Munroe makes no representations or warranties, express or implied. This information is not intended to be, nor should it be considered, medical advice. You should contact a health care professional for advice concerning a particular health related condition or concern.
Please be advised that any products and medications referred to on Munroe's social media sites, whether generically or by brand name, are given for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement, recommendation, or approval.
Munroe Guidelines for Social Media
Munroe Regional Medical Center (Munroe) has been serving Ocala and surrounding communities since 1898. We play a large role in the education and healthcare decisions of our patients and families, caretakers and other constituents. Our community knows us for our standard of excellence in healthcare services and in keeping with these standards, we've developed a policy for your social media participation. Our policy was developed to guide you and to protect your privacy and reputation, as well as ours.
We look forward to sharing information in our dynamic web communities and encourage you to engage in the ongoing conversations. Of course, we realize that not everyone will have the same opinions. Therefore, we must, at all times, show mutual respect to all of the members in our community, even when we disagree.
- In order to post on a Munroe social media site, you must be 18 years of age or older.
- In an effort to protect your privacy, you are prohibited from posting any information or content that is related to your personal health information, including but not limited to images, health records or any data, on a Munroe social media site.
- Our social media sites should not be used to provide any sort of medical commentary or advice by physicians, not related to Munroe, or to provide medical advice or commentary from any physicians not affiliated with Munroe.
- Munroe social media sites are not to be used for solicitation of business or healthcare referrals, unless authorized by an officer of Munroe Regional Medical Center.
- As a member of our community, posting content to any Munroe social media site, you are agreeing not to partake in the following activities:
- Violating any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations including, but not limited to, copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this policy.
- Sharing content or material that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, obscene, defamatory, abusive, intimidating or offensive. Further, you agree to refrain from posting advertisements, solicitations or "spam" of any kind. Munroe reserves the right to determine what material is appropriate for its social media sites. Munroe will remove any material it, in its sole discretion, determines is inappropriate.
- Impersonating any person or entity or falsely stating or misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Sharing any material that is not yours to share or you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Transmitting any material that infringes upon a patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
- Munroe has the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict or block your access to any of its social media properties, at any time and without your notice, for any reason, and in our sole discretion. We also reserve the right to remove, delete, or block any content or materials in our sole discretion, regardless of whether such material violates the standards set forth herein.
- Please be aware that Munroe may disclose any of your communications or activities, if required, by the lawful requests of federal and state governmental authorities, in relation to the Patriot Act requests, judicial or administrative orders, or for the protection of Munroe's rights. In the event Munroe must exercise these rights, for any reason, we shall not be held liable by any party.
- Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to our social media sites. Instead, contact Munroe by phone or in writing. Blog or other postings to our social media sites may also constitute public records. Do not share content or other material on our social media sites if you do not want the content or material released in response to a public records request.
- Content or material posted on Munroe social media sites is considered the property of Munroe. By posting on a Munroe social media site, you agree to give Munroe the irrevocable right to right to reproduce, distribute, edit, transmit, display, create derivative works from or otherwise use for Munroe's benefit any and all such content or material for any purpose, in any form and on any media, and also gives Munroe the permission to create derivative works from your content or material. We are also able to edit or modify such content or material, and use it for other Munroe purposes.
- By posting on a Munroe social media site, you are acknowledging that you will assume all responsibility as it relates to your security, confidentiality and privacy risks that are inherent when sharing content over the Internet. Munroe is not able to and does claim to control any third party sites in which you may choose to send any of your information or any other content. When sharing content via the Internet you should think carefully with respect to your own privacy and that of your family's.
- We prohibit the sharing or transmittal of any content that contains product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, contributions or solicitations. Munroe also prohibits use of Munroe social media site to link to any sites or political candidates or parties or use of our community to discuss political campaigns, legislation or laws.
By participating in Munroe's social media, you agree to indemnify Munroe against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs and expenses, including attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of third party claims relating to content or material you posted on Munroe's social media.
By participating in Munroe's social media, you further agree to accept the terms of Munroe's social media participation policy, as set forth herein. Failure to accept these terms will result in your inability to participate in Munroe's social media.
Munroe will update its social media policy frequently and without notice. The updated policy will govern your usage and you must remain in compliance until the policy is updated once again. Please check back frequently to review our policy, at regular intervals, as we make updates or changes to these guidelines. Your continued posting of content to our social media sites is acceptance to any and all modifications to this policy.