In anticipation of a new long-term lease for Munroe Regional Medical Center, the hospital has announced ongoing leadership following the transaction close.
The hospital’s executive team will remain, led by Rich Mutarelli, C.P.A., M.B.A., Chief Executive Officer. Continuing in their roles will be Pam Michell, R.N., B.S.N., M.H.A. as Chief Nursing Officer and Lon McPherson, M.D., Senior Vice President of Medical Affairs and Chief Quality Officer. Steve Carroll will serve as Interim Chief Financial Officer.
Mutarelli served Munroe Regional as Chief Financial Officer from 1991 until he was named Interim CEO in September 2013. In 2005, Mutarelli was promoted to Executive Vice President/Chief Financial Officer.
Michell has worked for Munroe Regional for nearly twenty-five years. She was appointed Vice President of Heart and Vascular Services in 2007 and since 2010, Michell has also served as Chief Nursing Officer.
Lon McPherson, MD joined Munroe Regional Medical Center in September 2008 as Senior Vice President of Medical Affairs & Chief Quality Officer. Dr. McPherson serves as the primary liaison between administration and the medical staff.
Joining the hospital in March of this year, Carroll brings more than 30 years of experience in hospital financial leadership, serving as Chief Financial Officer for a number of hospitals.
Board of Trustees
Comprised entirely of Ocala area residents, the new Board of Trustees includes physician leaders from the hospital’s medical staff, community leaders and hospital executive leadership. At the inaugural meeting, the Board approved by-laws, ratified members of the medical staff and approved hospital policies and procedures.
Individuals serving as trustees are:
- Kevin McDonald, Agency Principal, The McDonald Agency or Allstate Insurance – Chairman
- Lynette Vermillion, General Manager, On Top of the World Communities – Vice-Chairwoman
- Rich Mutarelli, CEO, Munroe Regional Medical Center – Secretary/Treasurer
- Ravi Chandra, M.D., General / Vascular Surgeon
- Segismundo Pares, M.D., Life Care Center of Ocala
- Cory Pool, Vice President and Partner, Jenkins Auto Group
- Loretha Tolbert-Rich, Chief Executive Officer, Ocala Community Care, Marion County Sheriff’s Office
- David Ethier, M.D., Munroe Medical Staff President – Ex Officio
“We are excited about the caliber of our Board and their ability to help guide our hospital through important strategic initiatives to advance the quality of care we provide,” said Rich Mutarelli, chief executive officer. “These are highly-committed individuals. Their leadership roles in our community and on our medical staff will provide the hospital with invaluable insights regarding the community we serve.”
Responsibilities of the Board of Trustees include:
- Develop a strategic plan for the hospital.
- Participate in development and review of operating and capital budgets.
- Foster relationships and identify opportunities for community service.
- Grant medical staff membership and clinical privileges.
- Review quality metrics and assure compliance with Joint Commission accreditation and criteria.
- Support physician recruitment efforts.
- Foster community relationships and identify community service opportunities.