On Wednesday, July 17th, Munroe Regional Medical Center's marketing department was both pleased and honored to receive six (6) of the 40 awards presented at the Florida Hospital Association's 47th Annual Florida Society for Healthcare Public Relations and Marketing (FSHPRM) Mark of Excellence Awards Ceremony.
For the second consecutive year, Munroe Regional won the prestigious FHA President's Award, which recognizes the one winning entry from all categories that best represents and showcases the best of healthcare marketing and public relations throughout Florida. The President’s Award was given for Munroe Heart’s Heart on the Roof entry. Munroe Regional took home the second largest number of awards at the Mark of Excellence Ceremony, behind only Broward Health, who took home 9 awards - with entries being submitted by 4 of their hospitals.
Munroe Regional received the following awards:
Three Mark of Excellence Awards, awarded to the best entry in each category:
- Creative Arts (Munroe Foundation's Video Documentary).
- Advertising -Broadcast (Munroe's Patient Testimonials Campaign).
- Advertising-Outdoor (Munroe's Children's Emergency Department).
Two judges Best of Show Awards for:
- Comprehensive Communications Under $25,000 (Munroe's Children's Department).
- Creative Arts (Munroe Heart's Heart on the Roof).
2013 President’s Award
- Received for Munroe Heart's Heart on the Roof.
- This award recognizes the one winning entry from all categories that best represents and showcases the best of healthcare marketing and public relations throughout Florida.
“Our Marketing & Public Relations team takes great pride in telling Munroe Regional’s story of providing high quality patient care to our community,” said Mike Robertson, VP of Strategic Planning & Marketing. “These awards are a reflection of those stories and we are honored to have received this recognition and awards from our peers in the healthcare industry.”
Florida hospitals in attendance included: Florida Hospital, Mount Sinai Medical Center, all Children's Hospital, Memorial Health System, Orlando Health, Broward Health, South Lake Hospital, Jackson Hospital, Tampa General, St. Joseph's/BayCare, Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, University of Florida Health, Lee Memorial Health System, Miami Children's Hospital, Martin Health System, Mayo Clinic and Munroe Regional Medical Center.