Optimizing physical function
LifeTime Center provides an advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) certified nurse and exercise physiologist to help patients improve heart and lung function and decrease risk factors for further cardiac events or manage chronic lung illnesses. Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation are available for individuals following a heart attack, bypass surgery or angina and for those with COPD and other lung diseases.
Exercise benefits for cardiac clients:
- improved heart function.
- Improved cholesterol levels.
- lower blood pressure.
- Control diabetes.
- Reach and maintain healthy weight.
- Stronger and flexible muscles.
LifeTime's cardiac rehab program consists of:
- 36 telemetry monitored visits.
- Staffed with registered nurses who are ACLS (certified in advanced life saving).
- Education in risk factor modification.
Physical benefits for pulmonary clients:
- Reduced shortness of breath.
- Increased ability to manage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Less anxiety and depression.
For further information on the cardiopulmonary rehab program at Munroe's LifeTime Center, please call the Health Resource Line at (352) 867-8181.